Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Oooh such a long time

Hi again blog.... sorry haven't been around for a long time. Been bz. It's a little bit sad since I realised that dah nearly one year I haven't written. So many things have happened .

1. I lost two friends my age this past year. One was a hero to many for his exploits, one was a hero to us for being simply who he is. I missed both of them. I've known both of these guys for 28 years... that's a lifetime for most people and double the lifetime of my eldest son. A couple of months on, even thinking about these guys makes me sad cause I never had a chance to say how much I value them. But lessons learned ... don't forget to tell people that means a lot to me how I feel once in a while. The regrets is only for the living. those that have gone before us are beyond regrets.

2. We had a reunion for our Maktab ... I gave an opening address, and since it was a bout two weeks after one of my two friends left us .... I choked. My late friend told me not to choke during speech as I tend to get emotional. huh ... sorry bud, couldn't keep that promise, cause did not take into account that I will be losing you when I made that promise.

3. The place I work went through a merger and being in IT means that I'm stuck with tons of work. On the final day, ended up sleeping on the floor for a short nap of 2 hours in between straight 48 hours. Getting to be too old for this.

4. But.... among the sweetest landmark .... my baby, my youngest daughter entered Tadika this year. It's hard to explain the feelings that you have when your youngest (who still sleeps cium ketiak Ayah) gets up, with uniform and nicely braided hair (thanks to Mum of course) and waves goodbye as she enters the school gate.

She's gonna have friends and they're not going to be just me. She's going to talk about things I don't know and may can't appreciate / understand.

But she was most excited about the swimming pool. Actually that is her MAIN reason of going to TADIKA.

Well a lot has happened that I haven't got around to write down. Will do more justice to this blog..

Cheerio

No comments: